Monday, March 25, 2013

Change…


Nobody ever likes change; many do everything in their power to stop from having to change. Whether it is physically, living situations, friendships or a mix of a variety of other things; no matter what it is we almost always do what we can to resist it. Why is this?

What makes people so afraid of change? It is the question that has been asked and sought after for centuries. For me personally, I do not like change for the simple reason of the unknown. Change means taking a chance where there is no guarantee that it will work out or whether I shall fail or succeed. So often I hear that without risk there can be no chance for greatness, yet in taking the risk; which means changing, there is a possibility of failing or losing everything.

Over the years I have learned to take minor risks and changes in my life, which despite being uncomfortable it has always been for the better. I still have many decisions to make in life and learning to accept and embrace change has made life much more enjoyable.

Not everyone in our lives will agree with the decision made in regards to the changes in our lives. Some may feel a wrong decision was made; others will criticize you for the change. Despite this one must stand firm on their decision to step out of their comfort zone and make the change. I think of this saying often when determining if I will make a change in my life, “We can only make decisions based on the information we have, in the moment it must be made.” That is a paraphrase I heard from a movie, but it always gives me support when I have to make tough choices that will cause a change in my life.

Until next time!

Joey McIntosh

“Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.” - Arnold Bennett 

“For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.” - Steve Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment