Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Do things really happen for a reason?


Life is full of unexpected events. None are the same and range from excellent to fair to life altering. All of which can happen in an instant, the question is how will a person handle one or multiple situation(s) that occur over a lifetime?

There are so many things that happen to people everyday and sometimes what happens is not what we intended or had planned on happening; usually when it is against our plans. It makes me wonder, does one have control over their lives as some believe? Is there a higher power that uses situations or allows for things to happen for a greater purpose? Or is it karma for what one has done in the past? So many different questions yet so few answers for people; all I ever hear is everything happens for a reason.

This is something I’ve had to face this semester, something that happened that was beyond my control and the repercussions have required me to alter or modify if you will my plans for the future. I went through many phases, of course the denial I can still do everything I did before; then making minor modifications that I thought would help. Ultimately I had to make some additional modifications on top of everything and still may need to make more, only time will tell.

Maybe things do happen for a reason, it kind of makes me think of the survivors from 9/11 who for one reason or another did not arrive to work on time and were spared. Then again what about those who didn’t?

For those of you who may be struggling with certain issues or need to make tough decisions, I can only say listen to your heart and if you have someone you can trust (family, friend, co-worker, etc.) and ask them for their perspective and thoughts. I know for me I was fortunate to have my best friend and a couple others to talk with and ensure me that the decisions I needed to make were in my best interest.

Until next time!

Joey McIntosh

“There's always a reason behind everything that has happened... It changes you into better a person.” – Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment