Monday, May 6, 2013

Movie Review…Iron Man 3

This weekend was a very relaxing and enjoyable weekend for me. I was able to get several errands done with a little shopping on the side, on Saturday. Then on Sunday I went to see the new movie, Iron Man 3 in IMAX! This was the first Iron Man movie I’ve ever seen, that’s right I went in blind not knowing the background of the previous movies.

Needless to say…it was an amazing movie that is a must see! There are very few movies that I recommend; a movie has to be very impressive to say it was truly amazing. In fact Iron Man 3 was better than “42” the true story of Jackie Robinson; which was the last great movie I saw and even then I thought it was slow at times, yet a great film overall.

Iron Man 3 is packed with action scene after action scene, leaving you wondering what will be next. Just when you think you know what will happen, a curve ball is thrown and takes you in an entirely different direction. Granted there are parts that are unrealistic, but what fun would it be for a movie of this magnitude? As I mentioned earlier, this was the first Iron Man movie I have ever seen and I have to say, if some of you reading this are like me and have never seen an Iron Man movie before that’s okay. There is no need to rush out and try to watch the previous ones before seeing this one. For me that was one of the best parts, being able to walk in and know the storyline without having to have seen the prior movies.

Oh, and a little secret…don’t leave the theater before all the credits are done. You’ll enjoy the twist!

Until next time!

Joey McIntosh

“Every great film should seem new every time you see it.” – Roger Ebert

No comments:

Post a Comment