Friday, September 7, 2012

A little bit of everything :D

What a week! It was so good to have a three day weekend; I wish we had them more often. I hope everyone survived their second week of classes and if you were trying to add one that you were successful. It has been a very busy and eventful week for me and this 16 week calendar is making things interesting and challenging both. But overall the semester has been great! Meeting all of the new students on campus is such a great thing especially because there have been so many course reductions over the past few years. I’d love to hear how everyone is enjoying or not enjoying their classes.

I have one instructor, Jack Mierop, for my Speech 105 Interpersonal Communications class that is amazing! If anyone needs to take a speech class (he teaches several) I would highly recommend him. Time goes by so quickly in class that I actually wish it was longer. He is probably in my top three best instructors of all time.

There are always the challenges that students like us will face such as balancing our schedules with work, classes, family, friends, and the dreaded homework that some professors give us like we have no lives outside of school. And personal situations that cause some students to make difficult decisions. I have been faced with some very challenging situations that have come my way recently that have in a sense forced me to re-evaluate some areas of my life and re-prioritize. These are never easy decisions to make and I am fortunate to have a best friend who is there to not only give advice, but listen to what is going on in a sincere way. We must make decisions that are in the best interest for us individually and not for others; which can sometimes be the hardest decisions to make. So I encourage students who may be facing situations that require a decision that may feel impossible to make, be sure to put yourself and future first. Never give up or let others be a roadblock to your success.

Until next time!

Joey McIntosh

“Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn’t” – Erica Mann Jong

No comments:

Post a Comment