Sunday, September 9, 2012

Happy Monday! And let us not Forget 9/11...


Happy Monday everyone! I don’t know about you but the weekend seemed to go by super fast. Feels like it was just Friday; and hopefully some of you were able to do more homework than I was. For many of you who struggle to balance everything I sympathize, it’s a challenge especially when taking online classes. I always forget when assignments are due! Thank goodness for my smart phone and reminders, otherwise it would be disastrous! LOL!! But now it’s back to classes and the hectic daily schedules, although I can hardly believe we are in our third week of the semester; but this is a good thing because it means we are about a quarter of the way through the semester!

Coming up in the next couple of weeks will be our Constitution Day and NiteLife events to celebrate the U.S. Constitution day. There will be free food for students with the A.S. Benefits validation and a reduced rate for those who do not. But the A.S. NiteLife event will be free for all students and on top of all this excitement will be elections for students who are interested in becoming A.S. Senators and involved in student government. If you are interested there is still time to get an application, they are available in bldg. 200 in either room 222 or 223, but they must be completed by 2pm this Tuesday, September 11. It is a lot of fun and one of the ways I first became involved at Fullerton College, there is so much you can learn and apply to a future career.

I would also like to recognize all of our Police, Sheriffs, Firemen, Paramedics, Rescue personnel, Reserve and Full-time Military (Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, Air Force) and Federal law enforcement for everything they do day in and day out to ensure America is protected. In addition to paying respects to the men and women who lost their lives 11 years ago on September 11, 2001 during the attacks on the World Trade center towers, and our military personnel that have given the ultimate sacrifice since then, so we can remain and enjoy the freedom that is often taken for granted. Let us never forget that tragic day which forever changed America and our history, nor the unity that took place which America showed during the months that followed. God Bless America! <3

So what topics interest you? I’d like to hear what is going on with students on campus and the topics you would like me to talk about more or answer questions you have. Feel free to write a comment and I will respond to it in my next blog, which I am getting on a schedule of posting them every Monday and Thursday. Or if you feel more comfortable, email me at jmcintosh@fullcoll.edu with your suggestions or questions and that way it can remain anonymous. I can’t wait to hear from my fellow students and find out what I can do to make these blogs more interesting! 

Until next time!

Joey McIntosh












“His first priority is to gain the respect and confidence and trust of his colleagues.”

No comments:

Post a Comment