Thursday, October 18, 2012

Have you Registered???


Mid-terms are officially here, if they haven’t already took place for you. I have one tonight at 8:30pm and another tomorrow night at 5:30pm. Tonight’s exam I’m feeling pretty comfortable about, but tomorrow’s mid-term not so much.  Most students and classmates I talk to say once mid-terms happen the downward spiral of chaos begins, with the semester racing by. Personally I’m hoping that’s not the case for me because even though I would like the semester to be over, I surely don’t want it to be chaotic. On a better note, we do have some holidays coming up…Monday, November 12 is Veterans day, so no school and let’s not forget the amazing two (or three if you have a nice professor) days off for thanksgiving weekend!

If you haven’t registered to vote yet for the upcoming November election I would encourage everyone to do so. It’s really quick and easy with the new online registration that has been put in place; here is the link to register http://registertovote.ca.gov/. THE DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS THIS MONDAY, OCTOBER 22ND!

There are a lot of proposition’s, I think 9 or 10, and other items on this years election ballot, like the President of the United States…that’s a really big one. So take a few minutes to register, every vote does count, just look at the George W. Bush and Al Gore Presidential election. And be sure to read up on the various items on the ballot; which you can also find on the California Secretary of State’s website, http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/.

Until next time!

Joey McIntosh

“Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right.” – H.L. Mencken

No comments:

Post a Comment