Monday, December 9, 2013

The List

I've decided that over winter break, I'm going to watch TONS of movies and TV shows I've never seen (or finished) before, since we get AN ENTIRE MONTH OFF (I'm not used to this, obviously). When I tell people this, a lot of them seem to think it's topical, or shallow, or it'll rot my brain or whatever, but honestly it's something I'm interested in. Plus, it's only topical if you want it to be. Media is genuinely what you make of it.

Regardless, here's the list, in no particular order:

  • The Alien series (Alien, Aliens, maybe not Alien 3 because literally everyone I've asked has told me to skip it, Prometheus)
  • Taxi Driver
  • Twin Peaks
  • Fire Walk With Me
  • Blue Velvet
  • Mulholland Drive (yes, I am on a David Lynch binge)
  • Rome
  • Carnivale
  • Sons of Anarchy
  • Doctor Who-- the earlier seasons, i.e. 1-4
  • Star Trek: The Original Series
  • Slumdog Millionaire
  • Trainspotting
  • 28 Days Later
  • Beasts of the Southern Wild
  • Raising Arizona
  • Fargo
  • Weekend
  • Lost in Translation
  • In the Mood for Love
  • The Matrix
  • The Fifth Element
  • Metropolis
  • Gone With the Wind
  • Melancholia
  • Battle Royale
  • Children of Men
  • Attack the Block
  • Mary & Max
  • Lars and the Real Girl
More suggestions are totally welcome! I have a tendency towards sci-fi and things with well-written dialogue, and sad/emotional movies are not at all a deterrent for me.

Stay classy,
Caitlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment