Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day

I know it's a day late, but Happy Memorial Day. I know that we have many veterans on campus, and I hope that you all thank them for their service to this country. I know memorial Day is about remembering those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country and our freedom, but as I said yesterday on Facebook, it is impossible for me to do that without thanking my loved ones, my family, and friends who have served and are currently serving.

I feel blessed that someone I care a lot about is back home from the war, but many still have loved ones deployed, have lost loved ones, or have never come home quite the same. You may not agree with war, or the war we are fighting, but I hope that you are never the people that disrespect our service members. They chose to sign their lives away so you didn't have to. Anytime they go to war, whether they agree with the war or not, they are prepared to take the ultimate sacrifice for you, even though they don't know you personally, even though many people have disrespecting them, they risk their lives for you. That is a huge thing, and having people I care about in the service I know how upset it makes me when people don't understand that.

I do hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend, but hope you remember what ultimately it is for. My parents arrived in town, so I was able to spend it with family and have a great time, but I know the reason that it's a national holiday, and hope you all do as well.

Remember to tell someone thank you today that has served for our country.

And remember to value life!

Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment