Monday, September 16, 2013

Welcome Back!

          And just like that, our fourth week has begun. I don't know about you, but to me, it feels like we just finished our first and now we're on our second. Before you know it, we're probably gonna be finishing the semester! 

          Well this is four weeks late, but welcome back FCers! Unless you're a first-year like me, then welcome to the FC Student Blog. If you guys are going to be reading this thing, I guess I should provide a little insight on myself, right? Maybe it's just me, but I usually like to know a little bit about the person I'm reading from. 


          Where to begin...
My name is Joy Sun and people really like to make puns with my name, which I don't mind. I just turned 18 two days ago--I know, still a baby compared to the rest of you--I'm an English major, I really dig my TV shows, and really, really good music. But nobody likes most of the music I listen to so I won't get into that. I'm also undecided about where to transfer (if you have suggestions, I'd love to hear them!) and I really like to write. And I hope you guys like to read! I hope to never be boring (if my posts get slow or dull, feel free to let me know. Just keep in mind I am a beginner, and hopefully I'll get better with practice! So yes, I am a first-year, and fresh out of high school. That's Rowland High School, for the curious ones. So since I've been a college student for three whole weeks, things are definitely new to me. 

         For starters, wow the buildings are so much prettier here than my high school. I mean, okay not the 1900 building (1901-1904) but that library? Goodness. I thought it was the main office or something really big and important--not that libraries aren't--because it just blew me away. Yeah I know UCs and other colleges have much more breathtaking buildings but it was a big deal for me! Also, my high school was under construction when I graduated so everything was dirt and rocks and hideous and half of it wasn't even like a school just like a construction site. So yeah, I was standing there on the steps of the library, and I was just like, "well I am definitely not in high school anymore." It was awesome. 
          Also, if I don't come to class or I come late, they won't call my parents? Okay I knew that one years before I started college, but I remember I'd get that dreaded recorded phone call saying I was late to class when I walked in a second after the BELL RANG. I bet you guys don't remember that either huh, when bells rang? I've only been here for so long and I already almost don't. God this freedom is invigorating. Not that I'm going to abuse that freedom, I love most of my classes.  

          For now, I haven't experienced any huge "wow so this is what college is like compared to high school" moments, but when I do, I'll be sure to let you know. I'm saying goodbye for now, because don't wanna overwhelm you guys right on my first post with my banter. But rest assured, I'll be back!

Joy ☼

No comments:

Post a Comment