Friday, January 21, 2011

No thanks, I'm Full.

I find this second blog difficult to write simply because I had a overwhelming day yesterday. It was my first day of school. I realize my first blog was cheerful and full of optimism. And that’s partially how I really feel. I love the start of the semesters. And the other half of the truth is I’ve been having nightmares about this semester since Saturday. Nightmares of missing class or forgetting to show up on the first day and I was dropped from the class. But after yesterday those dreams look like a walk in the park in comparison. I’m a little afraid I may have bit off more than I can chew this semester.

My classes are as follows: Newspaper Production where I will be writing for the newspaper. Then there’s Mass Media Survey, a lot of reading, writing and studying. Oh and the dreaded research paper. Also I made the decision to take an online math class… bleh. We’ll see how that goes. Funny thing about the math class; the professor was my teacher my freshman year in high school back in 1999. Such a small world! And of course there’s the blog and work five days a week. Not to mention traveling to Boston for a 10 day work meeting in May two weeks before finals.

I’m sure some of you are thinking, what is she blabbing about? All our schedules are that crazy! And you’re absolutely right. But would you guess our fears might be the same as well? I fear my school work will suffer due to lack of time I will have to dedicate my best efforts. I’m scared I won’t be able to get the story for the paper because I am stuck at a desk all day; when I could be out there capturing life and telling all of you about it. The odd thing is if I were talking about general ed. classes and not my major, this blog would be less worrisome.

On the bright side, I know sometime today I will get over this fear and turn into Keanu Reeves in The Matrix. You know the scene when he’s in battle and does a hand movement signaling Mr. Smith to bring it on… yeah that’ll be me. Cue the Matrix butt kicking soundtrack. Oh yeah I own the soundtrack… SciFi nerd at your service.

No matter what I may be feeling at this moment, I know once I dive into it I’ll do just fine. I think a little bit of shock has hit me and I just need to get over it...fast!


Stay classy FC,
Janet aka SciFi Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment