Monday, May 2, 2011

Great Opportunity!!!

As most of us know Gabriel Martinez, the Fullerton College Women's Water Polo coach is now the head coach for the Women's National Team for Mexico. I am so proud to be coached by someone so great at what he does. I am inspired by how hard he works and how much he truly cares about the players as individuals and as a team combined. I cannot believe the wonderful opportunity he has been given. Also, I am so grateful to be a part of it. I have my own water polo practice from 7am to 930am during the summer with the Fullerton water polo girls and then after that I will be practicing from 10am to 1pm with the Women's Mexico Team. I am so excited. I have always felt like I was cheated out of so many opportunities when I was in high school because my parents could not afford to let me have everything or for me to join different types of water polo clubs, but experiences such as these make everything that I have been through worth it in the end. Just to be in the water with these girls that have so much determination and dedication is absolutely amazing and inspiring. I am confident that I will be able to keep up with them and add to the practices in only positive ways. I cannot wait for this summer and I look forward to it as the days drift by.

Until my fingers meet the keys, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment