Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter

I sit here thinking about life, and where I am going, where I have come from and what I am doing in the moment. Is my life something that can inspire others? Do I take chances, do I do as I give advice in others? Do I do all that I can to make a positive life in those around me?

I know this may be heavy and some may think "what has caused her to think so deep while on spring break?" but maybe it's because of the fact that I am not all tied up in classes, and obligations like work that I can think clearly for a moment.

Not everyone is religious, and not everyone celebrates Easter. I consider myself a person of faith and frown on religion because it often times disguises itself as a  way to hate, discriminate or worse towards people. I have friends who are agnostic, atheist, Muslim, Christian, Buddhist and many more. What I love about that diversification is what they teach me in every day life. I reflect because I know my beliefs and I respect other people's beliefs as well. On the eve of this Easter Sunday I want to encourage you all to see people for who they are, and what they contribute in your life, rather than what their views in religion, politics, and so many other things. We can learn from everyone if we have an open and willing mind.

I hope you all have had a good break if you were on one as well. I know that I can at times be really deep and thought provoking. I hope you think about life though, and people in your life. Sometimes I think too often we forget that actions we make affect others. I was watching a movie that I have seen before, and it upset me because I think it happens too often where people do not think about others. I know I am not perfect but do I do things to hurt others? Do I put my wants and desires above all so that in the end it may hurt someone I care about? I don't think I do, but I want to be sure. I have known too many times how life is short, and I want to know that when people think of me they don;t have a bad opinion of the life I have led and how I have treated people. It's the same with the word love, I am sometimes afraid to tell someone that I love them because many times those I have loved have left and I am broken and hurting inside. But a life without love is not a life worth living. This Easter I think of all those I love, the ones who know I love them, the ones I am afraid to admit that I love, and the ones who have left me brokenhearted from  loving them.

I just want to encourage you all with this  totally off the wall blog post to show people that you love them. You may not find the words to say it, but actions speak louder than words anyway. Let your actions show love this Easter. I have found that I have felt the most love in the simple and small things, love is not always a grand gesture, sometimes it is simple but to one person it can seem like the whole world.  


Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment