Monday, April 2, 2012

SPRING BREAK!

I hope you all have a great time on spring break. Today was my first official day of break because of getting ready for an HTCC conference, and work. I don't get to enjoy but 3 days off from work, but I plan on enjoying those 3 separate days immensely while I can!

I wish it was a bit warmer so I could take some time to enjoy the beach too, but maybe it will heat up towards the end of our break! Today I have been doing nothing but being lazy and enjoying every second of it! I will be productive later, right now I am catching up on shows, eating and laying on the couch vegging out.......it will make my workout worth it later because I am sure I will feel guilty about it!

I was trying to think about what I would blog about today, but I think part of my brain has just been overwhelmed with everything going on so I couldn't think, so I am literally just typing what is going on in my head as we speak.I have no idea how this will turn out because of being spontaneous like that!. But here goes nothing!


Sometimes I think its rough being a girl. I was thinking about that just today, about how sometimes I wish my emotions didn't get in the way sometimes, and how it would be great to not read into things, like we so often do. But most of all how it would be great to not get our feelings hurt, hold a grudge, or get a grudge held against us from a mere misunderstanding. Girls we can be the worst to each other, and we shouldn't be, we should be helping each other out. Guys they just seem to have their fights and go on with life, and they will still be friends after it. But not us girls, oh no, we have to hold on to it till we don't even know why we were upset in the first place. I know I always say this, but life is too short. I have my feelings hurt sure, and I do try and be the bigger person so many times, but sometimes there is only so much you can do before you just have to walk away and say "I can't worry about that situation, because it is bringing me down." At some point you just have to let go of the things that are not healthy. I have been trying to find those friendships and things in life that are healthy for me. Surround myself in positive so I will be positive. I have feelings though and I can be the first to admit that I am easily bruised. Its a lot easier to say you aren't going to care, then to actually not care. But sometimes I think we are so quick to end a friendship, a relationship,  a family member, whatever the case, because we think its easier to cut them off then deal with how someone made us feel, or even more what we have to deal with inside of us as well. This semester I have fought for things that were not worth fighting for, but then there were instances where someone has stuck around and worked things out with me, because they didn't want to give up on us our what we had. When so many choose to walk away, I am grateful for the ones in my life who choose to work through issues and think I am valuable enough to want to keep around.


I wanted to leave you with this final thought, if you have people in your life that fight to remain in your life, maybe you should look at keeping them around. I hope that you surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you everyday, and maybe we all need to make sure we surround ourselves with those kinds of people, rather than the ones who would turn their backs at a sign of trouble.


Do something beautiful today and remember moments in life are few but can last if you embrace them and embrace the life that has been given to you.


Happy Spring Break!


Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment