Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Scholarship time

Hello everyone! It got a bit chilly again here in California! I wore the wrong shoes today! So today I felt like informing you all about stuff going on at Fullerton College. I think sometimes there is so much going on that its easy for people to not get the information.

First off, tomorrow you can give blood because the American Red Cross will be there for one more day. I don't know about you guys but I hate needles. But last year I decided to start giving blood every year around my birthday. Did you know that you could help save 3 lives when you give blood? I decided that my fear of needles should not stop me from helping others. If I was in need I would be kind of hurt if someone had the choice to help save my life, but they let this fear get in the way. So I try and suck it up once a year now.

The other thing I thought I would remind people of, is that its scholarship season. I think people don't realize it could be beneficial. A little hard work can go a long way. One club on campus (and I am in this club, many great ones to get involved in if you haven't yet.) Alpha Gamma Sigma actually will be doing some great scholarships for club members, and you do not need to be graduating or transferring to get them. But there are so many scholarships that I think you all can look into and take advantage of. The Fullerton Foundation is the first place to start. If you have any questions on what websites and how to find out more about scholarships, feel free to ask me. I know with the economy, and high costs of college we could all use some more money. I know there are so many different types of scholarships out there too, and many go unused each year because people don't apply.

Okay well i must admit that my arm is hurting from giving blood today. But I got a really cool sticker that said "Be nice to me, I gave blood." Lots of people tried to take my very much earned sticker from me, because they wanted people to be nice to them also, but I earned the sticker. I told them if they wanted a cool sticker, then they needed to give blood also!

Remember that it only takes one person to make a difference and that life is short. Do what you can with your time on and live with no regrets. Happy wednesday people and remember its not to late to make someone smile today!

Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment