Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Dealing with the Unexpected


Some things in life come at individuals unexpectedly; how those situations are handled can make a significant difference. Events and circumstances in life cannot always be controlled. Despite this, people have the ability control their attitude about the situation they are dealing with. Being positive and not jumping to conclusions is the best one can do when dealing with challenging situations. It is not always easy, yet it allows for the best outcome.

This can be applied to any situation one may be facing: family trouble, relationships, academics, medical, work or co-worker(s), and any other situation one can think of. Another great piece of advice I have learned over the years is to not assume or jump to a conclusion until all the facts are presented. The worst thing to do is jump to a conclusion, mention it to someone and have false information roaming around. Sometimes it’s best to keep things to ourselves until everything, or at least a majority of the facts are known.

I say all of this from experience. There have been times where I would receive bad news and would not be the most positive about it and the only person it would hurt was me. I have also been in situations where all the facts were not presented before I made a decision or told information to others that was inaccurate. Even now I am facing several situations that have occurred unexpectedly, one just this morning that took me by surprise. Despite this my goal is to remain as positive as I can and not jump to the worst case scenario, only thinking and planning for the best outcome.

Until next time!

Joey McIntosh

“Nobody says you must laugh, but a sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected, and smile through the day.” – Ann Landers

No comments:

Post a Comment