Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


I hope everyone is having a great day of rest, family, and feasting on lots of good food! Thanksgiving is a day that has a different meaning for everyone. For some it is religious, others it may be watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving parade, spending time with family and loved ones or a variety of other reasons. Whatever the reason you celebrate it, may it be extra special and pleasant.

This Thanksgiving my family and I decided to take the non-traditional route and go the simple route of a sandwich with a few snacks. I’ll probably spend the morning with some of my Indian friends since they do not celebrate Thanksgiving (an American tradition), then grab something to eat and after that prepare for the black Friday sales.

My sister and I have a tradition we started about four years ago, where just her and I plan what stores we want to go to and the times to go, since some open before midnight. I’ll be the one getting up at 6am to get the paper with all the ads and fun stuff! I actually enjoy going to black Friday sales just for the fact that my sister and I get to spend time together. Yes, I see her all the time but rarely do we ever have one-on-one time together without any interruptions when we try to have conversations. It’s probably the only main reason I go to the black Friday sales, although there are some pretty good deals!

Until next time!
Joey McIntosh


“Real generosity is doing something nice for someone 
who will never find out.” – Frank Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment