Thursday, January 30, 2014

          ...Wow. What I thought would have been a light and easy semester turned into one of havoc and despair, especially towards finals week. Okay I might be exaggerating a little, it really wasn't THAT bad. Everything was just more hectic than I anticipated, especially since classes had never moved at such a fast pace when I was in high school.
          Needless to say, I'm so sorry I disappeared towards the end of the semester--all those nights I spent not studying finally caught up with me. 

          Looking back on my first semester as a college student, getting into the groove of college was a lot easier said than done. I felt like the first half of fall semester was so breezy, with professors being so much more easygoing than high school teachers that I didn't have to worry. I was wrong.
          First semester I wanted to take as many classes as I could but now thinking back on that maybe that was an overstep, I should have taken it easier. This semester I'm definitely trying to change things now that I'm more of a seasoned freshman. I know how to pace myself better, I know how to keep up with the curriculum (or try to anyways), and to set reminders for myself. I bought all my textbooks early and read the syllabi before classes even began so I wouldn't fall behind on my academic or personal schedule. As far as things go, so far so good. I'll definitely keep up with blogging and keep you guys posted on how things are going! Hope you guys enjoyed all your classes so far and didn't have as much trouble parking as I did...Half an hour just to PARK? Insane! But, I did imagine it would be that bad so I got to campus an hour earlier, hope you guys did the same! I'm praying for the beginning-of-semester rush to die down and parking to be less crazy. 

Joy 

No comments:

Post a Comment