Monday, January 13, 2014

Imagine the end point

I imagine where I want to be in five years, in ten years, in twenty. I imagine the body I want to have. I imagine how it moves. I imagine how it feels. I imagine what it can do. I imagine it doing those things. I imagine the amount of money I want to make each year. Each month. Each day. I imagine the family I want to have. I imagine the friends I want to have. I imagine sitting with each of them, one by one. This is a powerful motivating exercise.

I determine where I am presently on the road toward that vision. How much further do I have to travel to get there? Do I have the specific steps I need to take to get there? What would I need to do to get closer? What can I do today to help me move forward? What is distracting me from the path? This is a good way to clarify how to allocate my time, and what to put my energy into.

Does my imagined vision of my future life match my goals, beliefs, values and emotions? Are my actions congruent with those values? Are my actions conducive to my achieving this vision? Are there any areas I can improve?

If I take the time each day to go over this program, it will motivate and clarify my actions, and align me to my desired path. Like a plane homing in on a guiding beacon, I can correct my course.

Peace,

Dave Roel.
The other side of every fear is a freedom.
- Marilyn Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment