Tuesday, January 21, 2014

It's been a while.

I can't believe break is almost over! As cliché as it is, the past month has gone by so quickly, and I have some mixed feelings about winter break ending, which is probably to be expected.

I actually didn't make much progress with the TV/movie list I'd outlined, but for a pretty good reason-- I ended up traveling a lot (and doing, well, other things I hadn't necessarily planned on). I'll go into greater detail in later posts because it's definitely worth sharing, but in summary: I went to the Dominican Republic over Christmas, got sick for a while (airplanes and the holiday season don't really mix well), accidentally played Tomb Raider 2013 for a frankly excessive amount of time in one sitting (although the game turned out to be an excellent reboot of the Tomb Raider franchise!), watched Her (which I loved), watched Blue is the Warmest Color (which I did not), saw Janelle Monae perform at the House of Blues in Anaheim (!! amazing), finished Twin Peaks, nearly finished a couple of books (a feat for me, with my diminished attention span), and spent most of this past week in Seattle. It's been a busy break!

As sad as I am to lose all the free time I've had, I'm actually a little excited? for school to start?

Weird, I know.

This semester, though, I'm predominantly taking classes for my major (anthropology), in addition to a couple of GEs that I'm actually interested in. The majority of my professors sound amazing (judging from ratemyprofessor.com, at least). And as part of my major, I'm taking a course in archaeology, which I have a greatly renewed interest in thanks to Lara Croft.

It'll be interesting to see how it all turns out after next week.


Stay classy,
Caitlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment