Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New beginning...

Today was a rough day for the whole women's water polo team. We were slacking off in practice and were asked to get out and leave. I believe that we should never let it come to that sort of punishment; however, I do believe that it was a learning experience and that it was most definitely for the better.

Sometimes in life we forget to appreciate the things that we have big or small and I think that we all forgot to appreciate each other and our talents today. Well, not only today but for the last week or so.

Getting kicked out of practice actually worked to our advantage in some respect. Because we still had an hour left of practice and we decided to have a team meeting, without our coaches. During this meeting so much was said. We got closer as a team and we were able to get on the same page with everyone. We put all of our problems aside and listened to everyone and what everyone had to say. We all voiced our opinions towards what we need/want to accomplish this season and how we would work best together in order to get what we want out of this last month and a half.

The season is going by quickly and I know that I do not want to have any regrets at the end of it. I know how much talent and heart our team has, but sometimes along the way it either gets lost or pushed to the side. I know we are a great team when we can push aside our differences and come together in hard times. These girls are like my sisters and I would do anything for them. But just like any sister relationship there is going to be fights and arguments because we tend to fight with those we love and care most about, but in the end I know that I can rely on them in and out of the water.

I honestly believe everything happens for a reason and today us coming together was the reason for us getting thrown out of practice. I feel a new beginning coming on and now I know that we are willing to do what it takes to be the best and work as a team. Especially because we will be holding everyone accountable for their own actions from now on.

Until my fingers meet the keys, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment