Tuesday, February 8, 2011

No Debbie Downer Here

I’m sitting at home waiting for the coffee to finish - it’s going to be a late night. I have lots of math to work on, a thesis to write for my research paper. Not to mention taking the dog for a walk and watching a movie with the husband (I promised), dye my hair and get to bed at a decent hour to wake up for work.

I’m a bit stressed. Well not stressed but rushed, yeah that’s the word rushed. But life and goals were all put into prospective tonight when in my Newspaper Production class we had a guest speaker from the OC Register. She was awesome! Completely full of energy, life, strength and determination. She reminded me why I’m here, it was a total wake up call. I really needed that because I was starting to fade there for a moment. The tank was running low with no gas station in sight.

Now that I’m back and I’m fully charged nothing will stand in my way. Ok at least for tonight. It’s amazing to me how one person can come in and change your attitude completely. It’s nice to know I can count on that even in a world when things aren't so certain.

So thanks OC Register lady, you’re fantastic! Btw she graduated from FC so she knows what it’s like to be in my seat – literally.

On the even brighter side, I saw my best friend yesterday. And I thought I would have cried uncontrollably, but the second I saw her face it was like rewinding to the day she left just minus the super sad goodbye. To me she never moved and it was all just a dream!

So far this week is starting out wonderfully! I wanted to write a Debbie-Downer blog and tell you all how much it sucks out here and I just want one more hour of sleep in the mornings. Instead it looks like it’s another- hey guys it blows right now but here’s what makes life worth living blog.

Stay Classy FC,
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment