Sunday, February 20, 2011

Poem

I was going through different things on the Internet and I came across this poem that I really like. I think I've read it 20 times already and every time it means something different to me.

The poem is called 'The Ways I like You' copyright by Craig Nicholson.

The Ways I Like You
I like the way I feel when I
Am in your company.
I like your joyful quiet smile
That lets me talk more easily.

I like your understanding look
The kindness in your eyes
Your sense of happiness and care,
That calms my butterflies.

I trust you recognize the Good,
Of which you're really made.
And give thanks through the blessings,
Which flow through you each day.

As of right now I am sitting in a hospital room with my three month old nephew. As is turns out he has RSV. It is a lung infection that is really fatal for infants. He has been in the hospital for two days now and I am taking tonight so my mom could go home and get some rest. She was here all night yesterday and all day today. She really needed a break big time.

Back to this poem, when reading it I cannot help but think about my poor little nephew and every breath that he is taking. I keep looking at his chest to make sure that he is still breathing and that I continue to give blessings everyday. I am afraid to fall asleep because I would not be able to hear him breathe. It looks like I will be pulling an all-nighter again. But as long as my peanut/nephew is ok it is totally worth it.

Until my fingers meet the keys, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment