Sunday, February 27, 2011

very sad.

I am living with an American family as well as with two other international students; one from China and the other from Taiwan. My Taiwanese housemate, all of a sudden, told us that he would go back to Taiwan for a month the day before yesterday. The reason why he went back in the middle of a semester was because he heard his dad is really sick. He actually heard this news a few months ago but his dad got better, so we thought he got perfectly fine and didn’t have to worry about him. And my friend thought the same. But he got worse news a few days ago that he has like three months left to live, the doctor said, so he booked a ticket to fly right away to Taiwan. I think this kind of news is the worst news people can ever get. I just felt so bad and this feeling will last for a while.

I imagined what would happen if I might get similar news from my parents or something. I would never be able to stand it. I wouldn’t know what I should do, but just be panicked for sure if I was in the same situation. I am the one who never cries when watching sad movies, but when this kind of event happens, I can’t be calm or handle my emotion. Well, who can?.. but he seemed really calm though, which surprised me a bit. I guess he just wanted not to show how he felt about it.
My family and I kept praying very sincerely for him and his family, and even now I am praying in my mind, writing this blog. I ask you all who read this blog to pray for him and his family, please. Hope everything goes better than what the doctors think.


After all, tomorrow is another day, Brianna

1 comment:

  1. I'm very sorry to hear of your friends news. I wish him the best.

    ReplyDelete