Friday, February 25, 2011

Playing Catch Up

This week just flew by, leaving me behind to play catch up. I find that happens whenever I have a 3-day weekend.

Let’s see so much has happened I don’t know where to start!

On Monday an old friend found me on Facebook. John and I worked together at Pier 1 Imports for almost two years. The amount of fun we had at that place should be illegal. So over the week we’ve been playing catch up. He’s in the Army now and stationed in Italy. He was shocked/happy to hear I’m married. We talked about how back then we were early-20-something punks. But now we’re all grown up and long for the days of a carefree lifestyle. John told me all about Rome and the little adventures he’s had while there. Talking with him made me miss the days with my friends at Pier 1. We were a wild bunch! Those were the best days ever.

Tuesday the best friend surprised me with a visit and snatched me away from my math homework. Can’t say I mind in the least… We also played catch up and ate super fattening Mexican food while enjoying mojitos. Turns out both of us are super lightweights, aka cheap dates, and before long we were a pair of laughing baboons.

Wednesday was another fun filled night with friends. Our dear friend is leaving for Afghanistan on Sunday so a farewell party was in order. There were drinks, good food and laughter by the bonfire. Then some genius decided to throw a broken lighter into the fire pit - let’s just say we’re all lucky to still have our eyes.

Yesterday was uneventful. I finished most of my homework and spent time with my dog, Summer.

Today, well so far it’s great! I’m exhausted from the week. But there’s still much to be done before I can rest these bones.

Tomorrow is an action packed day with the hubby. Also I’m going to Out of the Park Pizza in Anaheim to write a review for the Hornet. Adding to that, I’m also writing an article featuring the cosmetology department. That should be fun…

As Forrest Gump would say, “well that’s all I have to say about that.” I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Stay Classy FC,
Janet

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an eventful week. I love when my best friend steals me away and we get drinks too... Cheap dates are the best!

    ReplyDelete