Sunday, April 10, 2011

April is National Sexual Assault Awareness Month


Last year when we had the clothesline project and I decided that I would make a t-shirt for some of my family members. There are some people in my family that have gone through some very traumatic experiences throughout their lives. I believe the clothesline project is such a good chance for people to get their voice out there and maybe offer them some sort of closure to the life that they had to overcome. It gives people a voice and that is something they probably never had. I did not get a chance to make it out to the quad this year for the project but these are pictures of the shirt I made with the help from a friend. It is a very touchy subject for me, like it is for most, but I feel that it is good to get the awareness out there. I think the clothesline project is very good and that if it continues to be a part of something that goes on at Fullerton, it could help stop or lower the sexual assaults that go on everyday. I know a lot of this is about what I think but I want to hear from others. What do you think about the clothesline project? It is beneficial? Do you think that it helps others?


Until my fingers meet the keys, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment