Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday!

Today was such a great day. I had the day off from work and I received holiday pay for not even having to work. That is the best part about it. So many different things have happened today. I woke up this morning to dyeing Easter eggs with all my nieces and nephews. I have 12 nieces and nephews and all of them but one were here today. It was so hectic this morning having to organize the egg dyeing with all the kids. I had 9 of them in the backyard with me coloring Easter eggs. It was so much fun and all of the kids had such a great time. It is days like this that I know my nieces and nephews will remember for the rest of their lives. And that is a reward all on its own. 

I was so upset this past couple of weeks because I have missed my old house more than anything in the world and the only thing I wanted was to wake up this morning in my old room and ready to hide Easter eggs in the backyard I've known my entire life. But somehow seeing my nieces and nephews this morning made everything ok. I know now that home is where your family is and where you make it. I am still trying to come to terms with that but each day it is getting easier and easier. I am just glad that I have my family here especially today on Easter. It really meant a lot to see them run and play today.

Well, Until my fingers meet the keys, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment