Friday, February 28, 2014

Lawnmowers of the apocalypse

Hey, girl on the only scanner -- you want to hurry it up some?

No vaping? So do I even want to know what that is?

Dig the vertigo-inducing dots in the science building's bathroom stalls.

Hey, smoke-free campus, bro. Be respectful. And don't get mad for me pointing that out.

I don't wear a watch, and I actually find the hourly time chiming useful. I wonder how many others do, now that everyone carries a mobile that can tell them the time easily.

Ever stand at the middle of the bridge for awhile, and just watch the traffic go by? Me neither.

The Guardians of the Galaxy trailer looks fun.

Golf courses are environmentally criminal.

Frisbee throwing should come back.

People say to always go with your gut. The convolutions of the intestines are visually similar to the convolutions of the brain.

Robin Hood randomly shot an arrow, and requested to be buried where the arrow landed. Very poetic.

Check out the background of any charity you choose to give to.

There should be a website compiling stories of people who were told to do something that they knew would fail.

There should be a website where people can list their accomplishments.

How many publishers do you notice that have an “about the publisher” blurb on their book jackets?

Someone asked me if I thought I had it all figured out. It depends on what the “it” is. Scientific reality? How to be happy? How to live ethically? Without specifying, it’s hard to say.

Cartoon!

Our Son from Cartoon Brew on Vimeo.


Peace,

Dave Roel.
I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be honorable, to be compassionate.
- Leo Rosten

No comments:

Post a Comment