Friday, November 1, 2013

Trick or Treat !

          I myself, am not a Halloween girl. I spent the night holed up in my room stuffing myself with chocolates I bought for myself and the occasional trick-or-treater and watching tonight's halloween-themed episode of Grey's Anatomy. Surprisingly, not a single knock! The lights were all on, yet nobody came. I'll admit, I was a little bit disappointed--except not that disappointed because this chocolate will last me another week hehehe--because I thought I'd get to see some kids in costumes. 
          But other than that, I don't celebrate halloween. I'm too faint of heart to get into the spirit of the day of the dead. I mean, the last scary movie I watched was when I was 7 (I decided to stop watching them because I couldn't go to the bathroom alone and my mom got tired of me following her around the house 24/7) and the last halloween I celebrated as a kid, I was in the living room with my mom and it was super dark outside and all of a sudden the face from Scream popped up right in front of me at the window, with blood streaming down it. It. Was. Not. Funny. Of course it turned out it was just my neighbor, this teenager a couple years older than me who showed me the fake blood pump he squeezed in his palm. He figured once he explained how everything happened I'd calm down but...yeah, it didn't. 

         So this year, I spent it home, alone. It was all good, up until the house phone--yes I still have one of those--rang and when I picked it up, I only got silence and then a hang up. It wasn't so unsettling, but paired with the faux spooky music coming from my Grey's episode and the fact that tonight was halloween....
         Whatever, it was just one phone call. Until I needed to get a glass of water and the distance from my room to the kitchen was so far, especially in a dark house. So I thought I'd turn on the hall light, except it KEPT FLICKERING. In the 15 years I've lived here it has never flickered and tonight of all nights it kept flickering. That definitely threw me off some more. I'll admit, I got goosebumps. I had to walk very quickly back to my room and turn the hall light off and pretend none of it happened but the phone just KEPT RINGING! And Grey's kept playing the spooky music and I didn't know what was happening with the phone and the whole thing was just very unsettling. I'm just glad it's all finally over.
         So, whether you prefer scary or not, I hope your halloween was a much better one than mine! 

Joy 

No comments:

Post a Comment