Sunday, March 6, 2011

How much does social networking affect to your lives?

My answer? Too much. Facebook has become a big part of my life. Whenever I turn on my computer, I check my emails and see all the notifications from Facebook. I, of course, go for them right after checking emails. You know, when you have many comments left on your status or on your pictures, you feel good, well at least not bad right? And we start leaving more comments underneath, expecting another comment from friends. Facebook is very addicting for me. Once I start chatting with friends on facebook, it takes at least an hour to be finished. I often play some games and compete with friends. I am so obsessed with it that I sometimes do not complete what I am supposed to do like doing homework or studying for exams.. even going to bed. Is it only my problem? I really hope not…

Koreans have our own social networking called Cyworld. Like Facebook or Twitter is the dominant way to be social or interact with other people in America, Cyworld is in Korea. Most Koreans have an account and add friends to be “friends” on Cyworld. Nateon, which is like MSN or Skype, is related to Cyworld as a connected messenger, so people can chat and also access to Cyworld at the same time.

Yes, both Facebook and Cyworld have become extremely important in my life for the fact that I keep in touch with friends here as well as ones in Korea. Social networking is very interesting and gives people a lot of advantages, but sometimes can be “poison.” What I want to say is that we have got to be more careful not to be too obsessed with it. I myself should be careful about it first. Haha

Tomorrow is Monday AGAIN, and I have exams tomorrow. I might not get plenty of sleep tonight, but I won’t be on Facebook as that might ruin my studying plan for tomorrow. I know most of you have been stressed out with school. But don’t forget, we have a month and a half till our spring break. Hang in there!


After all, tomorrow is another day, Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment