Friday, October 25, 2013

The semester so far

It’s been a hectic semester so far. Chemistry takes a lot of studying. But it’s alright, as long as you can remember that it’s fun.

It’s certainly been great getting familiar with the campus again. The buildings are elegantly designed. The library and the computer labs are wonderful resources, and I’ve been pleased I’ve been able to make use of them.

People are friendly, which is nice. I’ve been able to strike up conversations with people in the library, or just randomly. People compliment me on my shirts. And classes are full of people who are friendly and helpful. There’s always been a vibe of camaraderie and bonhomie at this school, and it’s always made attending Fullerton College a pleasure.

Time management is always an issue. There’s only so much time in the day, and the week, and certain items have to take priority. It’s always a delicate balancing act, but there’s no use in complaining -- you have to do what has to be done, and that’s all there is to it.

Oddly, some of the best moments for me thus far this semester have happened off campus. There is a regular gathering of students that happens at various local restaurants, and I’ve had some terrific encounters there, meeting many interesting people. These conversations will be remembered when I think back on this semester.

Overall, this has been a fun semester. The large Ragtime-themed event was a lot of fun. The regular book sale is always a welcome sight, although I didn’t find anything I needed. I’m enjoying the semester, and there’s still another half to go.

Here’s a cartoon!

METRO from Jacob Wyatt on Vimeo.



Peace,

Dave Roel.
In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.
- Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment