Wednesday, October 2, 2013

We can't do this alone

I attended a small gathering for conversation, last night. I met some interesting people. One was a psychology major, another was a philosophy major. I love talking about these subjects. We had a good conversation. We covered what ground we could in the short time we had.

At the end of the night, I asked if there was any interest in staying in touch. They’re not on any social networks. Ah.

I try to be as available as I can be. I’m on Facebook, Google+, Skype, Instant Messenger, etc. I’m always up for conversation, and I love discussing philosophy, psychology, spirituality, science, etc. I also manage several online discussion groups, some to discuss personal improvement, some that discuss philosophy.

We become better by association. I try to seek out those who know more than I do, and learn from them. We can all use guides, people to help us navigate the waters, people who know the lay of the land, who know which way is up, and can provide us with some necessary feedback on our efforts.

Because one of the secrets I know is that we can’t do this alone. The world is too complex. We can only survive with the assistance of others. If the modern era has any major theme, it is that we are all in this together. We need to work together, and learn from each other. At this point in the world’s history, with the difficulties we are facing, that’s our only chance.





Peace,

Dave Roel.
You learn more quickly under the guidance of experienced teachers. You waste a lot of time going down blind alleys if you have no one to lead you.
- W. Somerset Maugham

No comments:

Post a Comment