Friday, November 12, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday was extremely tiring but so much fun. After about six hours of sleep, I woke up around 7:30 a.m. and got ready for school. I was in a hurry for some reason and I left my cell phone home. Right after the morning class, my friends and I went to L.A., having some goodies in the car for lunch. On the way I was very dizzy and feeling like I’d throw up in a minute. I guess I was getting carsick, but we arrived safely. Whenever I go to L.A. downtown area, I get so excited since I grew up in a big city, Seoul in Korea. High buildings and busy people always remind me of my country. I enjoyed watching people and fancy buildings in Beverly Hills. I really wanted to take pictures of people, building etc, but my camera had no batteries. I took like five pictures while my friends took more than 100 pictures!!!! Ughhh!! I was so mad at my camera. We found a 2 hours-free valet parking lot in the middle of Beverly Hills and got excited again! Yes, we were lucky. We started to look for a reasonable restaurant to eat, but gave up right away when we saw all the overwhelming restaurants. Anyway after taking pictures and looking around, we went to UCLA. As you all already know, UCLA is a great school and has a great view. Even though I’ve been there a couple times, the great view impressed me a lot.

Afterwards, we all went to Santa Monica beach around 5 p.m. I was already exhausted of the long day. I met some Japanese people, so I practiced my Japanese by saying “Nihonjin desuka? (Are you Japanese?)” , and they were like “Oh, Hai so desu! (Yes). ” I was trying to come up with what I’ve learned in class. I finally said “Oh, o namae wa Brianna desu, kankokujin desu. Ii o-tenki desu ne! (My name is Brianna. I’m Korean. Good weather! Isn’t it?!)” They started talking to me in Japanese like “ah hai, blah blah blah blah blah~!!!” I confessed in English that I am not fluent, learning Japanese and just wanted to practice Japanese. They started laughing.. and I got embarrassed. They said they love Korean singers and they are extremely famous now in Japan. I was very proud of them and also myself who at least tried to speak Japanese. I bet my Japanese instructor would be proud of me if she saw my blog! :)

I got back home around 9 p.m. It was a long day! I bragged about myself to a friend of mine about what happened who is actually in Japan, studying abroad. Haha I decided to study Japanese harder. The weird thing is though that I came here to learn English! What the heck? Now I am working on Japanese more than English? My parents would be so upset if they read it. Oh well, they wouldn’t understand English. So I am fine! :)

After all, tomorrow is another day, Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment