Thursday, October 21, 2010

Choices

Everyday I wake up and I have a choice. I have the choice to lay in bed for the rest of the day or be productive and go to class, water polo, and most likely work afterwards. I am in control of my life and everything I choose to do with it.

My coach Gabriel Martinez has helped me in so many ways, to realize that life is all about choices and that our attitude is contagious when we make these choices. For example, yesterday we played Riverside College and we were losing by quite a bit because we were all in a slump. One of the girls was down and it affected the rest of us. She was having an off game big deal we should have been able to overcome it. Right?

The next thing we know one of our girls finally scores and we start doing one positive thing after the other. All it takes is one person to put aside all the bad energy and play their heart out in order to make positive things happen. It took that one girl to choose to have good energy and hard work to spread it through to the rest of us. I am grateful to have someone like that on our team that can pick us up and change the way we were feeling because of the other person.

I love that I can choose what I want to get out of life. I want to be in control of my future and how I act towards others. It has taken me plenty of years to have the attitude and perception on life that I do now, and I am thankful for everyone that I have/had in my life to help get me to this place. I try to stay positive when I can because I do not like negative energy around me.

There is a commercial on television that I absolutely love. It is showing a lady pulling a kid onto the curb to avoid getting hit by a car and someone happens to see her. Next, he helps someone pick up something that fall and someone else sees him, and it just continues on is this pattern. One good deed can go a long way. So, lets be nice to each other and be willing to help others in need. Make the choice to want to be a good person. I know I try to everyday.

Until my fingers meet the keys, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment