Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mid October

Mt. Sac Invite tomorrow. The sickest most insane cross country course in the United States. I have ran this countless times before so I'm extremely familiar with it. It is by far the hardest course ever, no joke, especially if running in like 90 degree whether at noon. I remember last year I ran it twice, the first time I died out, the second time I did much better.

Tomorrow however this race will be different. Coach Bevec gave us the option of running this race or not. She asked us to consider how our bodies felt, on account the course is brutal. Most of us agreed to run it, however, we will only take it as a work out. Meaning that we won't really race it so the pressure element is off. I can't express how relieved I'm to take the pressure off. For once, this race can be fun.

On other matters, I've spent quite some time hanging out with a certain friend, we get along really well on an almost philosophical level and we often talk about outlooks of life. It's fun just hanging out and planning things out, things that we want to do in the future.

At the moment I'm feeling, hmmm, I don't know. Quite unmoved. But I oughta feel moved. Excited about life.

I need something to kick in and get me in the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment